Frequently asked questions
We understand that when you are selling or purchasing a home you are bound to have plenty of questions. We are on hand to answer them. For those which we get asked frequently, take a look at the answers below. For any others please feel free to contact us
About Moving Online
1. Register with MOVING ONLINE
2. Choose which plan best suits your needs and budget
3. Choose the date and time you would like us to call and take the photographs etc
4. We will then add your property to our site, Rightmove, Zoopla and Primelocation
5. All enquiries will then come to your Dashboard which you can access 24/7
• Listing your property with Moving Online keeps you in control.
• Choice of marketing plans to suit your budget and how you want your property marketed. Our Bronze, Silver and Gold plans require an upfront payment either in full, or pay a £95 deposit and the balance after 6 months or when property is sold subject to contract, which ever event occurs first. Our Platinum plan is on a No Sale – No Fee basis.
• Your property is marketed as standard on Rightmove, Zoopla, Primelocation as well as our website.
• Choose either our Silver,Gold or Platinum plan which includes the 3D interactive Virtual Viewing Tour which will allow prospective buyers to take a virtual tour of your property at anytime, thereby reducing the number of calls from an estate agent requesting a physical viewing.
• Market your property at a fraction of the cost
• No high fees on completion
• You can liaise with a potential buyer via the online Dashboard 24/7
We can offer our service at these prices because our service is fully online, we do not have all the high costs associated with staffing and running a high street office. Our plans are priced to market your property in the best way possible meaning that you simply pay a small amount upfront for your plan, as opposed to a high fee on completion, saving you hundreds if not thousands of pounds.
Selling a property
An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is a document provided by a government-approved assessor. The EPC displays an analysis of your property’s construction features and existing heating systems, insulation and double glazing, to provide an energy efficiency rating from ‘A’ (most efficient) to ‘G’ (least efficient). A failed assessment is not acceptable.
We can provide you with details of an accredited assessor in your area. You will need to call them to arrange a time for them to visit your property and complete an assessment.
We cannot market your property on any of the mortgage portals or our website without a valid assessment
An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.
If you do not have an EPC, you will need to have one before we can list your property for sale. We can provide you with details of an accredited assessor in your area. You will need to call them to arrange a time for them to visit your property and complete an assessment. You can find an energy accessor HERE.
We can only list your property with an EPC rating between A-G, an EPC that has failed is not acceptable. The Energy assessor should provide you with information and advice as to how you can increase the energy efficiency in your home in order to achieve a ‘pass’.
If you have lost your EPC, please click HERE to download a copy.
Your property will usually be listed within 24-48 hours of photographs been taken.
Your property will be listed on Rightmove, Zoopla, Primelocation as well as our website.
If you want to accept an offer, then via the Dashboard you can let us know and we will inform the purchaser that you have accepted their offer. We will ask the buyer to provide details of the solicitor firm instructed to act on their behalf and we will pass these details to you. We will also ask you to provide details of the solicitor firm instructed to act on your behalf (if not our recommended firm) and we will pass these details to the buyer. Please note we will also forward a Memorandum of Sale to both parties solicitors.
You can cancel at any time within 14 days from paying your deposit or the full plan fee and you will receive a full refund. If you have paid your deposit or plan fee and we have visited your property and taken photos we will retain the deposit payment of £95 or refund the plan fee paid less £95.
If you decide to take your property off the market after the initial cooling off period, we cannot refund your plan fee. If you have only paid the deposit you will still be liable for the full fee
If you are selling a property, you would instruct a solicitor once you have accepted an offer. We will obtain details from the purchaser of the solicitor acting on their behalf. We will pass their details to you so that you can inform your solicitor.
If you are buying a property, you would instruct a solicitor once your offer has been accepted by the seller. We will obtain details from the seller of the solicitor acting on their behalf. We will pass their details to you so that you can inform your solicitor.
We do have a firm of solicitors that we are happy to recommend to act on your behalf. You can contact Thompson & Cooke Solicitors via this site. They will be happy to provide you with a quotation for their services.
You can use our online valuation tool if your require an immediate estimate as to what your property may be worth. You can also book a free market appraisal via this site, and arrange a convenient time where we can visit to assess the current market value of your property.
If you do not agree with the online valuation you don’t have to accept it. It is there to provide a guideline as to what you could market your property for, based on condition and what similar properties in the vicinity have sold for. You have the final say as to the price your property is marketed for. However you should bear in mind that ‘over priced’ properties that need to be reduced at a later date can take 4 times longer to sell.
Your property will be listed for 12 months.
Buying a property
Via your dashboard you will be able to register details of the offer you want to make and we will forward your offer to the seller for their consideration. Once the seller has considered your offer, you will be able to view their decision on your dashboard.
Once the process of creating your account is completed, you will be able to book a physical viewing by clicking the button on your dashboard which will allow you to communicate with the seller to arrange a mutually convenient time and date to view the property.
You can contact the seller via the property advert.
The day before we are due to come to take the photographs of your home, we will ask you to complete a questionnaire. You will asked to answer yes or no to the following questions
• Have you or anyone in your household recently tested positive for Coronavirus?
• Are you or anyone in your household self-isolating due to Coronavirus?
• Are you or anyone in your household considered vulnerable to Coronavirus infection due to age or a pre existing medical condition?
• Have you or anyone in your household been in contact recently with anyone who has tested positive for Coronavirus
• In the last 14 days, have you or anyone in your household presented any symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID 19) for which have not yet been tested i.e. cough, fever, sore throat, loss of sense of smell or taste or any difficulties in breathing
• Have you or anyone else in your household visited countries outside of the UK in the last 4-6 weeks, or travelled more than 25 miles from your current residence
At the same time we will confirm that the photographers coming to your home have completed the same questionnaire confirming that it is safe for them to call. In addition they will wear the following PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
• Face masks or Face shield
• Shoe covers
• Hand gloves
• They will also carry hand sanitiser
Our photographers will also look to maintain a distance of 2 metres from you or any members in your household.
If you are arranging a viewing with a prospective buyer:
• You may want to ask them the questions from our screening questionnaire. We would recommend that they ask the same of you
• Wear a face mask or face shield
• Wear protective shoe covers
• Wear protective hand gloves
• Maintain a separation distance of 2 metres
• Open as many windows as possible to allow for good air circulation
• Keep all internal doors open to allow easy access for viewing
• Try not to have any visitors sit down, but if they do you may want to cover the seat with paper which can be disposed after, or wipe the seat with a sanitiser if it can be
• Wipe down any surfaces that a visitor may have touched
You will be able to search and find a solicitor local to you who can act on your behalf or contact The Law Society who will be able to give you numbers of Solicitor firms local to you.
Alternatively, you can contact Thompson & Cooke Solicitors via our website who are our recommended solicitors.
If you instruct Moving Online to sell your property on your behalf, or if you are looking to purchase a property that we are listing, you are not required or obliged to use the services of Thompson & Cooke, our recommended solicitor firm
Thompson & Cooke are our recommended firm of solicitors. Via our site you can contact them where they will be more than happy to provide you with ‘no obligation’ quotation to act on your behalf in respect of the sale/and or purchase of your property
Yes. If you instruct Thompson & Cooke to act on your behalf regarding the sale/and or purchase of your property we will receive a referral fee from them. Following the successful sale/and or purchase of your property, we will advise you of the fee that we receive.
You can seek advice from any bank or building society, however, they will only be able offer and advise you on mortgages that they offer.
You can also seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser or Mortgage Broker. As they are not restricted to offering mortgage products from one lender, and generally have access to the whole mortgage market place, they are best placed to advise, search and recommend the mortgage that best suits your needs.
Once you decide that you would like to purchase a property, you should seek independent mortgage advice. A mortgage adviser will analyse your financial situation and advise you on the amount of mortgage that you could realistically obtain and afford, and this will dictate the price range of properties that you can view.
Affinity, our recommended mortgage advisors are independent and have access to the whole mortgage market place. They will be happy to provide you with mortgage advice and guide you through the whole process and arrange your mortgage for you if you wish.
You are not obliged or required to apply for a mortgage through Affinity, our recommended mortgage broker.
Yes we will receive a referral fee from Affinity following successful completion of your purchase. We will advise you of the referral fee we receive